ESCRS 2022 Winter Meeting Abstract Submissions
Abstract Submission Opening: Late September 2021
Abstract Submission Deadline: 31 October 2021, 23:59 CET
Notifications to submitters: Mid December 2021
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted!
- The internet abstract submission system works best with Chrome: 16 or higher, Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 5.0 or higher.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the review. The submitted / draft abstracts cannot be edited after the submission deadline (31 October 2021, 23:59, CET).
- Abstracts will be considered from vision scientists only if they work in an academic setting and have an ophthalmologist as a co-author. Abstracts from company staff will not be accepted.
- All abstracts will initially be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Programme Committee. The decision of the Committee is final.
- Failure to present without prior notice to the Programme Committee may influence future acceptance of presentations.
- All abstracts selected will be posted online at escrs.org. The abstract will appear exactly as submitted.
- The Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery and ESCRS On Demand (the online portal of the ESCRS) retain right of refusal for all presentations made at ESCRS Meetings.
Abstracts may be submitted for the following presentation types:
- Free Paper
- Cornea Cornea Day Case Presentations
- Presented Posters
Free Paper & Poster Presentations will be considered on the following themes:
Cornea Cornea Day Case Presentations will be considered on the following topics:
- Management of corneal complications after refractive surgery
- Keratoconus management
- Ocular surface disease: what worked and what did not
- Infectious keratitis
All submitted free paper and poster abstracts must be in English and follow the structured format below:
- Title – max 250 characters
- Financial Disclosure of all authors
All submitted Cornea Cornea Day Case Presentations must be in English and follow the structured format below:
- Title- max 250 characters
- Report of case
- Conclusion/ take home message
For standardization, the acceptable length of the Cornea Cornea Day Case Presentations is of maximum 3000 characters (excluding title, reference and authors’ information). This non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
The summary of results for Free Papers, Posters and Cornea Day submissions must be given in sufficient detail to support the conclusions. The Programme Committee will only accept abstracts with final results or conclusions.
Formulae should, in general, be avoided.
When using abbreviations or acronyms for the first time, care should be taken to spell them out in full with the abbreviation in parentheses after the full word/s the first time it appears in the text. The abbreviation should be used alone thereafter.
NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS
- Each author may submit a maximum of two Free Paper and Cornea Cornea Day Case Presentations abstracts. Only one abstract may be submitted in the Poster and Presented Poster categories.
- Only one Free Paper will be accepted per author for presentation. If a second free paper abstract is accepted, it will be considered as a poster.
- Oral Presented Poster authors must be present to defend and discuss their paper. These presentations will be selected from free paper and poster submissions which the scientific Programme Committee feels would be of particular interest to delegates.
FREE PAPER PRESENTATIONS
On acceptance of a Free Paper abstract for presentation at the Virtual Winter Meeting, the author will be fully informed of the process for the submission of their presentation.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO THE BEST CATARACT AND REFRACTIVE POSTER PRESENTATIONS OF THE MEETING.
- A number of bursaries will be awarded to ESCRS trainee members who have a free paper or poster accepted for presentation at the Vilamoura Winter Meeting.
- Recipients will receive complimentary meeting registration and €750 to cover their travel and hotel expenses.
- To be considered, trainees should select ‘I am an ESCRS trainee member’ when submitting the abstract.
- Bursary recipients will be selected from among the highest scoring accepted free papers and posters. Please note that there will be a limit on how many bursaries are awarded to trainees from the same country.
If you choose to submit an abstract(s) we will use your personal details to keep you updated on its status including whether it has been accepted for presentation at the Winter Meeting concerned. If your abstract(s) is accepted for presentation at the Winter Meeting your contact details (name and email address) will be sent to a third party Audio Visual Company (M Events) in order for them to contact you in relation to uploading your presentation.
Copyright for speakers
1) I confirm that I own all of the material used and/or obtained the right to include the third parties material in the presentation.
2) I guarantee that the presentation does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third parties.